Dates & Deadlines
MTSU Study Abroad Fair
Save the date for the upcoming Study Abroad Fair! We will have over 30 tables of information on program and country options, scholarships, and financial aid. MTSU faculty, program representatives, and MTSU study abroad returnees will be on hand to answer your questions.
- 2017 date: November 15th
- 10 am - 2 pm
- Student Union Lobby
There are a lot of deadlines which need to be met in order to participate on an education abroad program! We recommend adding them to your calendar early so you don’t forget.
Descriptions of Deadlines
Office of Education Abroad Pre-Approval Request Deadlines
- These are final deadlines for MTSU OEA online pre-approval requests
- They are required internal deadlines and are in addition to any partner or affiliated external program deadlines
- Applications for this scholarship can be found on the scholarship section of our website.
- Outside scholarships have different deadlines.
- You must apply for the scholarship for the term you plan to study abroad (i.e. If you are applying for a Summer program apply for the OEA Summer scholarship)
- Late applications are not accepted or considered
- Pathway Packets are required liability documents from the MTSU Office of Education Abroad that will be released to you for completion about 3-4 weeks prior to the mandatory orientation for your education abroad term
- Provider programs will also have required documents that will have different deadlines
- All accepted study abroad students MUST attend the mandatory pre-departure orientation to participate on an education abroad program
- Students who do not participate in the mandatory pre-departure orientation cannot study abroad
- Contact your program directly for the exact date (this includes Faculty-Led programs)
- Students are responsible for determining and meeting specific program deadlines as well as any MTSU internal deadlines
|Program terms||Pre-Approval Request||OEA Scholarship||Pathway Packet||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|Summer 2017||March 3, 2017||February 8, 2017||March 31, 2017||April 1, 2017|
|Fall 2017||March 24, 2017||March 2, 2017||April 21, 2017||April 22, 2017|
|Full Year 2017-18||March 24, 2017||March 2, 2017||April 21, 2017||April 22, 2017|
|Winter 2017-18||October 27, 2017||October 5, 2017||November 10, 2017||November 29, 2017|
|Spring 2018||October 27, 2017||October 19, 2017||November 17, 2017||November 30, 2017|
|Spring Break 2018||February 2, 2018||TBD||February 16, 2018||TBD|
|Summer 2018||March 2, 2018||February 7, 2018||April 6, 2018||TBD|
|Fall 2018||March 23, 2018||March 1, 2018||April 20, 2018||April 21, 2018|
|Full Year 2018-19||March 23, 2018||March 1, 2018||April 20, 2018||April 21, 2018|
Gilman Scholarship Feedback - MTSU Internal Deadline
Are you a Pell Grant recipient? Do you plan to study on a Summer, Fall, or Academic Year program? If so you may be able to apply for the Gilman Scholarship! You can read more about this opportuniity on our Scholarships & Financial Aid page as well as the Gilman website.
To encourage and assist our MTSU students through the Gilman application process, we will provide feedback on the Gilman essays which are submitted to Katherine.Kovar@mtsu.edu by the internal deadline listed below. Please expect to wait 3-5 business days for the feedback to your MTSU email address. This is NOT a requirement to apply for this outside scholarship, but it is highly recommended.
Internal deadline for feedback: two weeks prior to Gilman Scholarship deadline