Education Abroad Advising
It is recommended that students who plan to participate on an education abroad program meet with an Office of Education Abroad for an advising session. This meeting should occur at least 6-12 months prior to your program of interest start date. Additional advising sessions are welcomed.
Students who are interested in an MTSU Exchange Program or ISEP Direct Program will be required to meet with the Director or Advisor of the Office of Education Abroad. This meeting should occur at least 9 months prior to the program start date or earlier. The process for these programs is slightly different and has earlier deadlines than other programs.
NEW! Advising appointments are now available.
Due to social distancing measures, the Office of Education Abroad will be scheduling advising appointments via Zoom or over the phone and no longer offering walk-in advising hours until further notice. Email advising is also available.
Appointments should be scheduled through Navigate, just as if you were scheduling an appointment with your academic advisor. Click the box below to schedule or go to https://mtsu.campus.eab.com to schedule.
New to Navigate or need an overview of how to schedule an advising appointment?
- View this video: How to schedule an advising appointment
- When you schedule, select 'Education (Study) Abroad Advising'
- Then, select the reason for the study abroad advising
How do you know who to schedule with?If you haven't already watched our Getting Started video, check it out first: Getting Started with Education Abroad.
- Getting Started
- Signature Faculty-Led programs
- Provider Programs (USAC, CIEE, ISA, CCSA, University of Minnesota, Learning Abroad Center (LAC) programs, etc.)
- Tuesday 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Some appointments may be available outside these times. Email the advisor to ask if another day/time is available.
- MTSU Exchange programs
- ISEP Direct programs
- Study Abroad Independent Study
- Monday and Wednesday 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Some appointments may be available outside these times. Email the advisor to ask if another day/time is available
Walk-in Advising hours
Peck Hall 207. At this time there are no walk-in advising hours for the fall 2020 term to maintain social distancing guidelines. Please use the links above to e-mail the advisor you would like to make an appointment with. Advising can be held via Zoom, by phone, or via email.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with basic study abroad questions. If you are unsure where to begin, email us for guidance!