Skip to content

Exchange Students

Are you interested in becoming an International Exchange Student (J-1) student at MTSU?

  • Check with the International Exchange Office at your home university and inquire about the application requirements and procedures.
  • If you are qualified to participate in the exchange program, your university will nominate you to MTSU.
  • Once receiving the nomination, MTSU will contact you and provide instructions to complete your application.
  • A DS2019 document will be issued for you to obtain a J-1 visa.